The process of refining crude oil leads to the production of a number of by products which are classified as petroleum products. These products are present in our daily trivial things to the most significant things available. The uses of these products are so significant that it is simply impossible to live life without it.
Some of the most common products which contain these by products include paints, thinners, dry cleaning chemicals, inks, insecticides, charcoal lighters, construction chemicals and so forth. With an endless list it is quite impossible to categorize all the items.
Different Petrochemical Products of Significance
These products have a wide variety of uses which are explained as below:
- Wax: petrochemical products also includes wax as it is a by- product of petroleum and is widely used to make candles, various types of polishes, cartons and so forth.
- Synthetic: this is another by- product that is of immense importance and which is obtained by refining petroleum. Synthetic is used as a raw material for manufacturing different types of garments.
- Fertilizers: it is also used as fertilizers to protect crops from damage. Various kinds of pesticides and insecticides are manufactured using petrochemical products.
- Preservatives: these products also act as preservatives to canned food. It is also used for producing different types of vitamins.
- Soaps and detergents: it is a main ingredient in detergents and soaps.
- Dyes: petrochemical products also include dyes which are used in ink pens. It is also included in cloth dyes.
- Plastic commodities: majority of the plastic containers, plates and cups contain this by- product of crude oil. It is one of the widely and commonly used products as it is made of polyester.
- Plasters: petrochemical products are being used for the manufacture of non stick pads, used extensively in the medical field.
- Sports shoes: are also manufactured with the use of these by- products. The flexible rubber shoes are the results of the extensive use of synthetics which remain intact in all weathers.
- Explosives: most of the explosives contain petroleum products.
Petrochemical products are used in varied forms in all fields. Ranging from common household items to complex applications, the uses are extensively wide and different.
The Indian petrochemical products have great demand and significance in the global markets. A huge share of products is being marketed to different parts of the world through the business portals. The top notch quality of the Indian products coupled with low price rate is one of the main reasons for its rising demand in the international markets.
Most of the Indian products such as polymers, wool, fibre, cotton, surfactants, acrylics and synthetics are supplied at discounted rates but with superior quality in the international markets. The demand for Indian products has skyrocketed to unfathomable heights due to these reasons.
The petrochemical markets in India are growing immensely due to many favourable factors. With the wide use of these products, it is one of the most promising industries in the world yielding huge revenue for the country.