Eco-Friendly Paper: A Primer

As companies around the world are revolutionizing the way they do business, going green has not only been in vogue, but an imperative part of protecting the planet. The green revolution has spurred most multinational organizations on the need of using eco-friendly products, paper included.

What is Eco-Friendly Paper?

Eco-friendly paper is made through the recycling of different pre-consumer and post-consumer materials that have been salvaged and reworked to produce a paper product. The driving methodology behind eco-paper is the use and maximization of pre-consumer material and pulp substitutes and the waste paper that would normally be thrown out, usually in landfills.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates one ton of recycled paper saves 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space. In addition to saving space in landfills, green paper also reduces worldwide consumption of forests, also known as deforestation.

The final product is just as good as the material that comes out of a printing press, which would normally be made directly from newly cut tree pulp, and can be used for making books and much more. Eco-friendly paper is sturdy, protects the environment, and is used for a variety of tasks.

Types of Eco-Friendly Paper:

Curious Matter:

Created using recycled potato starch taken from the food industry, curious matter has a distinct rough surface, making it ideal for packaging, invitations, business cards and brochures. Without the invention of curious matter, the raw potato starch would normally be thrown away and left to disintegrate into the planet.

Gmund Bier:

Using genuine brewer’s spent grain, this paper is manufactured following the rich beer making process used for centuries in Germany. The unique earthy texture given to Gmund Bier paper by the spent grains is what makes this type product attractive and attention grabbing.

AVEO:

AVEO is a type of paper made from the waste products recycled from the sugar and textile industries. 90 percent of AVEO paper’s composition is sugar cane stalk. The other 10 percent is made from a combination of linen and hemp, which is used to increase the paper’s rigidity and folding strength.

Gmund Kaschmir:

Cotton is one of the key components used in this paper product type, which provides two different textures. One of them is velvety and the other provides a natural cotton texture. This type of recyclable paper is heavily consumed by commercial manufacturers and homeowners alike.

Esse Paper:

Esse paper is a wide ranging paper with both pearlized and traditional papers. With excellent print results, this type of eco-friendly paper is not just pliable, but extremely lightweight as well.

Eco-friendly paper is the new standard in the paper-works industry and is being chosen by driven, futuristic companies. If you are an entrepreneur looking to start in the paper business eco-friendly paper can be an earth friendly, and green option worth trying.